Starting from a kindergarten science lab helper many years ago, I have become a volunteer and an advocate for our schools and libraries. In 2016, I received the CREST (Cupertino Recognizes Extra Steps Taken) Award from the City of Cupertino for my contributions to education in our community.
I am the President of the Lincoln Elementary PTA and Vice President of the Kennedy Middle School PTA, having served on both PTA boards for the past several years. I am currently also on the Kennedy School Site Council and previously served on the Lincoln School Site Council for four years, including three as the chairperson. In my involvements with the schools, I’ve assisted teachers in the classroom and the computer lab, helped with fundraising, organized student events like book fairs and science fairs, and generally did whatever was needed to support our students and teachers. I serve on district advisory committees such as the CUSD Parent Advisory Committee and the CUSD Parcel Tax Oversight Committee, and I represented the Kennedy community in the CUSD Superintendent Search Advisory Committee in 2017.
I am also actively involved with educational non-profit organizations. I am the Board President of the Cupertino Library Foundation. During my tenure as board president, I have prioritized education and life-long learning as a key initiative for the Foundation, and under my leadership we have sponsored many enrichment programs for students such as the first ever overnight hackathon in a public library and summer science research contest for middle school students. I am also a board member for Asian American Parents Association, serving with current CUSD and FHUSD board members, to educate parents and provide support for teachers and students. I was a founding board member for the Santa Clara County Library District Foundation, and I volunteered as the voter data manager in the campaign for Measure A, a parcel tax measure which passed with 81% approval in 2013 to provide a funding source for the library district.
I currently serve on the Cupertino Planning Commission for the City of Cupertino, and previously I served four years as a Cupertino Library Commissioner, chairing the commission for two years. In my city government roles, I am proud of my track record of being an independent voice in representing community interests and being a strong advocate for library funding for our community.
My Civic Resume
- President, Lincoln Elementary PTA
- Executive Vice President, Kennedy Middle School PTA
- Kennedy Middle School Site Council
- Former Lincoln Elementary School Site Council (4 years, 3 years as chair)
- CUSD Parent Advisory Committee
- CUSD Parcel Tax Oversight Committee
- CUSD Superintendent Search Advisory Committee (2017)
- Cupertino Planning Commissioner
- Former Cupertino Library Commissioner (4 years, 2 years as chair)
- Board President, Cupertino Library Foundation
- Board Member, Asian American Parent Association
- Board Member, Bay Area for Clean Environment
- Former Board Member, Santa Clara County Library District Foundation